NEWS AND EVENTS
December 6, 2007
of the Senate of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan
?On Pardoning Due to 15th Anniversary of the
Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan?
According to the submission of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan due to 15th Anniversary of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, and guided by the principle of humanism, and based on Item 10 of the Article 80 and Item 23 of the Article 93 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Senate of Oliy Majlis of the Republic of Uzbekistan Decrees:
1. To free from punishment convicts for committing a crime for the first time:
- those, who were under 18 years of age at a time of committing a crime;
- men who reached 60 years of age;
- foreign citizens.
2. To free from punishment those, who have committed crime due to imprudence, as well as convicts who, for the first time, have committed misdemeanors or crimes not posing grave danger to the public.
3. To free from punishment those (except people who have committed murders on aggravating circumstances) who, not later than one year before taking effect of the this Decree, have been recognized as suffering from acute diseases hampering the punishment or disabled inmates of the first and second groups.
4. To free from punishment convicts (except people who have committed murders on aggravating circumstances), whose remaining sentence does not exceed two years period as well as whose verdicts have taken effect prior to the date of publication of the Decree.
5. To free from punishment those who have confirmed their firm commitment to a correction and convicts who have been imprisoned for under 10 years period including those who have participated in illegal organizations? activity and committed crime against peace and security or public safety as a member of those organizations.
6. To stop all investigations and actions which have not been considered by courts on crimes committed by persons, listed in Items 1 and 2 of present Decree.
7. To reduce the terms of imprisonment for persons who do not fall under the present Decree:
- convicts imprisoned for deliberate crimes to up to ten years in prison inclusively - one third of the prison term;
- convicts imprisoned for deliberate crimes to more then ten years in prison - one quarter of the prison term.
8. Shall not be extended:
a) the usage of the present Decree on especially dangerous offenders; on persons regularly breaking the mode of serving the punishment; and also on persons, released previously by pardon or amnesty and re-committing deliberate crimes;
b) the usage of Item 1 of the present Decree on persons, who committed especially grave crimes, with the exception of foreign citizens, sentenced for a crime, indicated in part 5 of the Article 273 of the Criminal Code of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
c) the usage of Items 1 - 4, 6, 7 of the present Decree on persons, sentenced for participation in the activities of the illegal organizations, committing within such organizations of crimes against the stability and security or against public safety.
9. To entrust the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan the realization of the present Decree of the Senate.
10. The present Decree will come into force from the date of publication and is subject to execution within three months.
Chairman of the Senate of the Oliy Majlis
of the Republic of Uzbekistan
City of Tashkent,
November 30, 2007