Frequently Asked Questons:
- Q: How long Uzbekistan non-biometric passport will be valid?
A: Uzbekistan non-biometric (old-style) passport will be valid until December 31, 2015.
- Q: What is the deadline for citizens of Uzbekistan for traveling overseas with non-biometric passport?
A: Deadline is June 30, 2014 inclusively. Uzbek citizens will travel overseas only with biometric passports as of July 1, 2014.
- Q: Who is entitled to obtain Uzbekistan biometric passport through the Embassies or Consulates of Uzbekistan abroad?
A: Following citizens are entitled to obtain biometric passport through the Uzbekistan Embassy or Consulate abroad:
- permanent residents abroad and registered at the Embassy or Consulate;
- temporary residents abroad on business trips, study, treatment, contract employment (license from Agency for foreign labor migration of the Ministry of Labor and Social Protection of the Republic of Uzbekistan is required) and temporarily registered at the Embassy or Consulate.